New bronzes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bronzes

Actually, that's a lie. These are really "cold cast bronze" also known as resin cast. Bronze powder is mixed in with plastic resin and cast into rubber molds. These are small pieces that I didn't think would be appropriate to cast in bronze (too expensive) and I could do the cold-casting myself, so I gave it a shot.

Do these bookends do anything for ya?

close up

close up

"Some things can be done as well as others" - Sam Patch, The Yankee Leaper

Yes and more then yes, $?
    I figured out my problem, I lived 30 years in a 10 year town.

Comment

Glad to hear it, Rodger.

I have to add some things up, and I need to post the dimensions so you'd know what you're getting (they're small), but I'm thinking $25 ea or $45 for a pair. (+ shipping, unless a handoff can be arranged) A pair can be two of the same, if that's what you want. In real bronze, I'm guessing (without actually getting a quote) they'd be double that. I can have them cast in bronze, if anyone's interested.

Comment

I like them but don't know where I'd use them. All of our bookcases are full and aren't in need of bookends.
        Do not teach your Grandmother to suck eggs.

Comment

They're nice! Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Regal Begal View Post
            I like them but don't know where I'd use them. All of our bookcases are full and aren't in need of bookends.
            Yeah, that's the problem with bookends. I've made places for books on top of bookcases, a windowsill, and our desk, just to display bookends I've collected. More form than function, I guess.

Thanks for the comments, fellas.

Comment

Love them!
              - LynnDee
              www.FirelightBirddogs.com

http://FirelightReflections.blogspot.com/
              . ....our journal of hunting, travel and dogs

Comment

Beautiful Dave! What are the dimensions?
                "If I were buying a dog to use on grouse and woodcock, I would buy one bred from New England shooting dogs. .......and spend the rest of my spare time making him believe I was the most wonderful person in the world". Burton L. Spiller

Comment

Mark, going by memory but I think approx. 3x6x1 with a 2.5" bronze tang.

Comment

I'd like to get a pair of the grouse & woodcock ones when you decide to sell.

Comment

I'm sellin', Jay, I'm sellin'!

As stated earlier, $25 ea. or $45/pair, + shipping. PM me with your address and I'll get a shipping cost for you. I sent a pair via USPS to someone in NY and it was approx. $7.50.

I may have to cast a couple more but it doesn't take long.

Just in case you're interested, I've fooled around a little with different patinas. (Actually, the one I'm going with as a standard has a darker background color than those shown in my original post. Nicer, IMO.) Here's pics of one I did in a verdigris, which I think turned out pretty cool. But it's not consistent (which makes it sorta fun) so, if you wanted to go with that patina, I would send you pictures before shipping them, to make sure you like 'em. If you like this one, it's available, but keep in mind the other of the pair could look significantly different.

Thanks for your interest, Jay.

Comment

Can the size of the images be increased so they're a larger proportion of the surface area of the bookend itself? Very nice work.
                        Living in one paradise and longing for another.

Comment

Not sure what you mean, Chris. Are you referring to the photos, or the piece itself?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion; on the piece itself. Can the size of the the grouse and woodcock, for instance, be larger on the bookends so that more of the surface area of the bookend is of them. I know nothing about this art and how it's produced.
                            Living in one paradise and longing for another.

Comment

Originally posted by DrummerBoy View Post
                              I'm sellin', Jay, I'm sellin'!

As stated earlier, $25 ea. or $45/pair, + shipping. PM me with your address and I'll get a shipping cost for you. I sent a pair via USPS to someone in NY and it was approx. $7.50.

I may have to cast a couple more but it doesn't take long.

Just in case you're interested, I've fooled around a little with different patinas. (Actually, the one I'm going with as a standard has a darker background color than those shown in my original post. Nicer, IMO.) Here's pics of one I did in a verdigris, which I think turned out pretty cool. But it's not consistent (which makes it sorta fun) so, if you wanted to go with that patina, I would send you pictures before shipping them, to make sure you like 'em. If you like this one, it's available, but keep in mind the other of the pair could look significantly different.

Thanks for your interest, Jay.
                              I really like this effect! And, I sent you a PM to confirm sale and request details to get it done!

Comment

Working...
                              X