New bronzes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Raymond View Post
    Sorry for the confusion; on the piece itself. Can the size of the the grouse and woodcock, for instance, be larger on the bookends so that more of the surface area of the bookend is of them. I know nothing about this art and how it's produced.
    Nope. Sorry Chris, what you see is what you get. It's a one piece sculpture. I'd have to do a new sculpture. I do appreciate the suggestion.
    "Some things can be done as well as others" - Sam Patch, The Yankee Leaper

Comment

Originally posted by DrummerBoy View Post
      Nope. Sorry Chris, what you see is what you get. It's a one piece sculpture. I'd have to do a new sculpture. I do appreciate the suggestion.
      Understood.
      Living in one paradise and longing for another.

Comment

Finally decided where to display my pair - at the office. Sad to say but I'll see more of them there than I would at home. For now, anyhoo. They look great even if they are currently holding up some less-than-entertaining titles.

Do not teach your Grandmother to suck eggs.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, Paul. I like to see/hear how people display my stuff. And, though I'm sorry we all have to spend more time in our offices than where we want to be, I'm glad you'll be able to enjoy them more by having them there.

BTW, what's the "Daily Drucker" about?

Comment

Peter Drucker was a big name in mgmt consulting. "Daily" is his book of insights into how to improve your (and your company's) performance at work. One insight per day... each one was a page or two... was a fun read the first time around. Now I don't really g.a.s.

Comment

Originally posted by Regal Begal View Post
              Now I don't really g.a.s.
              When I'd ask a friend of mine, who was near retirement, how he was doing he'd often reply "I've got a good case of the don't-give-a-shits." In the last year or so I've come to understand exactly what he meant.

Comment

Unfortunately I still have to g.a.s. about work in general since I still have a kiddo in college.

Comment

g.a.s. Interesting saying, lol! A new definition of retirement might be "ran out of g.a.s." ?? lol
                  - LynnDee
                  www.FirelightBirddogs.com

http://FirelightReflections.blogspot.com/
                  . ....our journal of hunting, travel and dogs

Comment

Originally posted by Regal Begal View Post
                    Unfortunately I still have to g.a.s. about work in general since I still have a kiddo in college.
                    Dang kids, anyway.

Comment

Fred pointed out to me that nonmembers who looked at my stuff would have no way to contact me if interested. So, here is an address for those folks to use: dpkain1@gmail.com

Thanks

Comment

Hey Dave,

Are these still available, specifically the grouse/woodcock in a pair? I'd be especially interested in them bronze cast if the price is anywhere near your estimate [of a few years ago].

What other sporting art bronzes do you have these days?

Thx!

Steve

Originally posted by DrummerBoy View Post
                        I'm sellin', Jay, I'm sellin'!

As stated earlier, $25 ea. or $45/pair, + shipping. PM me with your address and I'll get a shipping cost for you. I sent a pair via USPS to someone in NY and it was approx. $7.50.

I may have to cast a couple more but it doesn't take long.

Just in case you're interested, I've fooled around a little with different patinas. (Actually, the one I'm going with as a standard has a darker background color than those shown in my original post. Nicer, IMO.) Here's pics of one I did in a verdigris, which I think turned out pretty cool. But it's not consistent (which makes it sorta fun) so, if you wanted to go with that patina, I would send you pictures before shipping them, to make sure you like 'em. If you like this one, it's available, but keep in mind the other of the pair could look significantly different.

Thanks for your interest, Jay.
                        All we ever have to do to see the point and the flush is to close our eyes

Primrose Path
                        A Hunters Fireside Book
                        - Gene Hill

Comment

Not sure how I ever missed this one. I would get in line for second dibs if they are available.

I ride the waves I can't control, I'm learning how to build a better boat

Comment

Oops. I missed these "new" posts. Sorry.

I have a number of these cold cast. And, after putting more thought into it, don't think I could have them cast in bronze because of the way I attach the tang. If I can figure out a way, I'll ask the foundry.

Steve, still have the woodcock, and now two dog pieces - a field setter ("Style") and a pointer ("Intensity"). Also just finished a grouse piece ("The King"). I'm not able to post photos but Fred posted the pointer. Maybe the setter, too. Can't recall. Check other threads in this forum. I have better photos now. PM me with your email and I can send them.

Comment

Hey Dave,

Sounds great.

PM sent with email.

Thx!
                              All we ever have to do to see the point and the flush is to close our eyes

Primrose Path
                              A Hunters Fireside Book
                              - Gene Hill

Comment

Working...
                              X