Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A BIRD DOG rescue organization

Here's another one that operates out of the Toledo, OH area. My wife and I have met the people who run this one a couple times times and they're a good organization. They don't have their own website. They list through the Pet Finder site. The link below is for their page.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/dogworksohio.html

"Your best conservation tool is a well trained hunting dog"

Quote Originally Posted by thornton View Post
    That's the kind of heads-up I look for on a site like this...it should be permanently front and center some place and not lost in the mix.
    Perhaps a "sticky" (God I hate that word) at the head of the Bird Dogs forum.
    Thats a great idea. I was thinking along the same lines during the day (when I shoulda been thinkin work stuff).

How about modifying the Lost n Found to "Lost, Found and Rescue" ?? Then we can work on an "underground railroad" type of assistance program.

"Rescue" can work both ways. When someone can't take care of an animal anymore, (health, eviction, divorce, job loss, etc ...) they can post on that same board.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA !

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking" ... General George S. Patton.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

There ain't nothin' better
    than to be huntin' with a Setter.

Good idea, Peter.
    http://woodlandclearing.wordpress.com/

Comfort is dog hair all over the place.

Great ideas. Thanks.

Not to bad mouth them at all, but...

I tried to deal with this organization one time and never got any response. They had an old setter named Mo (fourteen years old) and I wanted to adopt him. E-mailed them twice...but nothing. I know they are handling a lot of dogs and all. Has anyone ever had a correspondence with them or any luck adopting a dog?

Brian.

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/pointers.html

We foster for thos rescue from time to time. The lady that runs it is a hunter and trials her dogs.

Andy
    Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Flake off Butthead"... BlacknTan (gone but not forgotten)

"If First Amendment fails,see Second Amendment."

'Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes'
    ("Who watches the watchmen?)."

There is a good basis for rescuing dogs:

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar
    Last edited by Knotsmith; 01-08-2009 at 09:21 AM.

"I can tell an awful lot about a bird hunter by looking at his dog, his shotgun, and his whistle lanyard!"
    Jude Hebert